LEAD Lic# - #LR002821

Lead-Safe Renovation Contractor License

Renovation, repair and painting work conducted for a fee in Target Housing and Child-Occupied Facilities where more than 6 sq. ft. of painted surface per room is disturbed on the interior of a building, or more than 20 sq. ft. of painted surface on the exterior of a building, must be carried out by Lead-Safe Renovation (LSR) Contractors licensed pursuant to 454 CMR 22.00. Licensed LSR Contractors must have a trained and Certified LSR Supervisor on their staff. Under MA regulations, a LSR Supervisor is required to be on site at all times while Renovation Work is in progress. LSR Supervisors carry their own training certificates with picture ID. Deleading Contractors are also authorized to perform Renovation Work if a Licensed Deleader Supervisor who has received his/her initial or refresher training after 7/9/10, or a LSR Supervisor is on site at all times while Renovation Work is in progress. Refer to Licensed Deleading Contractor List above. A LSR Contractor is also authorized to carry out Moderate Risk (MR) Deleading Work if the Contractor utilizes a Deleader-Supervisor or a LSR Supervisor who has taken MR Deleading training option. Some (not all) LSR Supervisors have taken an additional, optional MR Deleading training. The training certificate of the LSR Supervisor will indicate whether that LSR Supervisor has fulfilled the training requirements authorizing him/her to conduct MR Deleading Work.

Licensing Organization
Department of Labor Standards

19 Staniford Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02114 | 617-626-6975

HIC Lic# - #185287

Unregistered HIC Contractors

The Home Improvement Contractor Law, Chapter 142A of the Massachusetts General Laws, requires any contractor performing work on an owner-occupied, single-family or owner-occupied, multi-family home (with a maximum of four units) to be registered with Office of Consumer Affairs.

If you hire an unregistered contractor and a problem arises with the contractor's work, you are not afforded the remedies available under the HIC law nor are you able to collect monies through the Guaranty Fund administered by the Office of Consumer Affairs.